IT Helpdesk Tech II
- LocationQuezon City, Philippines
- Job typeFull time
Under general supervision, the Analyst II provides phone and email support to end-users for employee access, password resets, desktop computers, servers, custom applications, and hardware. After performing 1st level technical support, the analyst may escalate unresolvable issues to other support teams on a case-by-case basis, as necessary. In the case of large-scale business interruptions, the analyst will make sure that the major outage process is executed taking into account all the roles and responsibilities of the Helpdesk in this situation.
Help Desk Analyst II will also handle escalations regarding issues that could not be resolved by the Help Desk
Analyst 1 personnel. He/she will act as liaison to the other support groups to ensure that our customers’ issues will
be resolved following the processes that have been developed by the IT department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Provides support to Afni internal customers regarding IT related concerns using documented processes in the knowledge base.
· Documents all troubleshooting steps as per prescribed templates into the ticketing system
· Escalates issues to the appropriate support groups that could not be resolved within the Helpdesk
· Assists in the monitoring of open tickets until they are resolved/closed
· Provide hands-on, dedicated support for Afni VIPs, including (but not limited to): executives, directors, client services, etc.
· Write and maintain process documentation
· Create and maintain knowledge article database, with detailed descriptions of issues and their known resolutions
· Provide direct assistance to Help Desk Team Lead, Manager, and Director, as required
· Review escalated Tasks to ensure proper process was followed
Minimum Job Requirements:
· College level
· 3+ years of experience in a technical help desk position or equivalent
· Previous experience using and/or maintaining a knowledge base
· Previous experience with an incident management system
· Previous experience using Microsoft Office products
· General knowledge and experience with networking and server infrastructure
· Strong knowledge of virtual systems, such as Citrix, VMware, or HyperV
· Strong technical troubleshooting skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
· Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, team building, positive thinking, can-do attitude)
· Job requires rotation of a weeklong on-call period to provide support coverage for after-hours outages
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to maintain focus and work independently in a fast-paced environment
· Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and evenings, as needed
· Self-motivated to look for additional work during down-time
Preferred Job Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 4-5 years of relevant technical support experience
· Technical certification, such as CompTIA A+ or MTA/MCSA
· ITIL Foundations certification
Afni, Inc. is a U.S.-based, global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm representing the world’s best brands in insurance, telecommunications, satellite and cable, financial services, technology, and healthcare.
From engagement centers in several U.S. and Philippines locations, Afni supports its client’s customers in a variety of channels. With a history dating to 1936, Afni is a strong partner in communities where its employees work and live.