Business Intellignece Engineer - Power BI
- LocationQuezon City, National Capital Region
- Job typeFull time
Under general supervision, develops, implements, and PowerBI reports/dashboards/visualizations and is the subject matter expert on PowerBI dashboard creation, security, workspaces and data sets. Includes building data models with PowerBI in Azure. Consults with and advises developers and users on developing PowerBI dashboards and datasets. Devises or modifies reporting procedures to solve complex problems considering limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Competent to work at all levels of database and report development within powerBI environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop Microsoft Power BI dashboards that inform analysis and decision making.
- Partner with business teams to gather, document and maintain business requirements that will inform data modeling decisions, relevant data features and KPIs.
- Lead user story workshops for the definition of use cases, business analysis, and requirements gathering.
- Translate business requirements into process/system functional requirements and identify/assess potential data source(s).
- Deliver functional scope analysis and detailed solution design of the processes and reporting systems and partner with developers on data requirements needed to support the build of data models.
- Ensure delivery meets agreed upon requirements.
- Leads or assist with end user training of business intelligence, visualization, and analytics tools.
- Execute thorough testing of enhanced or added system functionality
- Lead QA and testing efforts including the creation of test scripts and user acceptance testing.
- Participate in release management and change management initiatives.
- Participate in the construction of a strategic roadmap for business intelligence and analytics across the enterprise.
- Ensure project documents are complete, thorough, accurate, current and stored appropriately.
- Maintain project plans and task lists for self in an organized fashion.
- Create detailed epics, stories, feature specs that meet business criteria.
- Write and execute effective test plans and test cases, manage requirements traceability, document test results, track defects, and work with developers to resolve issues.
- Build strong relationships with our business partners and work collaboratively in a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen relationships.
- Communicate project status and application issues to necessary stakeholders and supervisor.
- Manages customer expectations effectively.
- Operate in an agile development environment with rapid, iterative releases.
- Provide agreed upon service level of production system support.
Minimum Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with minimally seven years of relevant experience.
- Expert with enterprise Business Intelligence platforms.
- Experience with data science techniques / Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence.
- General understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle and/or DB/2 data access methods and tuning is preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Good to expert knowledge of business units’ functions and data are preferred.
- Strong report analysis and creation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, team-building, positive thinking, can-do attitude, and job flexibility).
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task with attention to detail and meet deadlines simultaneously.
Afni, Inc. is a U.S.-based, global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm representing the world’s best brands in insurance, telecommunications, satellite and cable, financial services, technology, and healthcare.
From engagement centers in several U.S. and Philippines locations, Afni supports its client’s customers in a variety of channels. With a history dating to 1936, Afni is a strong partner in communities where its employees work and live.