Subrogation Specialist II
- LocationQuezon City, Philippines
The Subrogation Specialist I is primarily responsible for supporting the Specialist II & III’s with their daily work load, including set-up of the new business files, handling mail / releases and making phone calls. Will work/handle the mail within the email request folders.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Subrogation Specialist may perform some or all of the duties listed below:
1. Respond promptly and professionally to client, insured, and carrier requests and to other incoming calls.
2. Review files using a diary system in order to handle correspondence.
3. Send out demands to the OIC
4. Process mail and all releases
5. Complete all claim forms on claims against Rental agencies and City/State/Municipality
6. Make follow up/status calls to the agents as necessary.
7. Ensure all files that are worked in E Subro Hub are closed within that system once closed in the Afni system.
8. Assist all teams as needed on a daily basis.
Litigation specific responsibilities:
• Review files for adequacy of investigation and measure of damages prior to sending to National Attorney network for handling.
• Act as a liaison between the client and attorneys.
• Utilize available resources and maintain a basic understanding of applicable laws in each state.
• Review and process legal expenses and recommend payment or make appropriate adjustments.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills):
1. High school diploma or GED
2. One to three years of proven subrogation or claims experience that includes substantial exposure to carrier to carrier claims is preferred
3. ACA certification preferred
4. Ability to type 30 WPM with 85% accuracy
5. Previous experience using Microsoft Office products
6. Successful completion of relevant insurance industry courses strongly preferred.
7. Special investigative expertise preferred
8. Ability to work independently and interact well within a team environment
9. Strong analyzing and negotiating techniques
10. Excellent organizational and time-management skills
11. Demonstrated ability to multi-task with attention to detail
12. Responds to internal and external requests in a timely manner and work to deliver quality service
13. Communicates clearly and logically using appropriate written and oral techniques.
14. Seeks clarification for unclear or missing information
15. Consistently demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail
16. Demonstrated reasoning and problem solving abilities
Afni, Inc. is a U.S.-based, global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm representing the world’s best brands in insurance, telecommunications, satellite and cable, financial services, technology, and healthcare.
From engagement centers in several U.S. and Philippines locations, Afni supports its client’s customers in a variety of channels. With a history dating to 1936, Afni is a strong partner in communities where its employees work and live.