Database Support Engineer
- LocationQuezon City, National Capital Region
The Database Support Engineer (Associate Data Engineer) monitors and analyzes the status of the Afni SQL Server Environment. The incumbent is responsible for monitoring the ticket queue for issues from users as well as system-generated alerts and outages. The incumbent is responsible for documenting resolutions and escalating as necessary. The incumbent will handle minor code changes following Afni's software development lifecycle. Incumbent will also provide production deployment support for changes, will be expected to perform data repairs, and may have SQL Server related tasks on managed projects or other planned work.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Install/Configure Microsoft SQL Server and related components.
- Monitor and troubleshoot SQL Server job failures.
- Troubleshoot SSIS Packages, Reporting Services, and Stored Procedures.
- Alter SQL Server and Reporting Services Security.
- Create and modify Reporting Services Subscriptions.
- Assist with outages related to SQL Server.
- Troubleshoot issues reported by users, reassigning to other teams or escalating to the data architecture team as necessary.
- Perform database backups/restores as required of deployments.
- Deploy changes to SSIS packages, jobs, and databases.
- Maintain documentation of the company's database environment.
- Strong understanding of execution plans and statistics.
Minimum Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or any related course.
- At least 1-3 years of experience with a relational database management system, preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
- Demonstrated experience working well with customers of varying levels of technical expertise in high-pressure situations and complex environments.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, Integration Services, and stored procedures is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are required; ability to type proficiently.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, team-building, positive thinking, can-do attitude, and job flexibility).
- Flexible with Shifting Schedules (Noon/Night Shift).
- Amenable to work onsite in Commonwealth, Quezon City, if requested.
Afni, Inc. is a U.S.-based, global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm representing the world’s best brands in insurance, telecommunications, satellite and cable, financial services, technology, and healthcare.
From engagement centers in several U.S. and Philippines locations, Afni supports its client’s customers in a variety of channels. With a history dating to 1936, Afni is a strong partner in communities where its employees work and live.