IT Security Analyst
- LocationQuezon City, Philippines
The Security Analyst will formulate, define, and implement procedures that are necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets, protecting them from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. The Security Analyst will devise or modify systems or procedures to solve complex problems, balancing business needs against potential risks. The Security Analyst will interface with the user community to understand their privacy and security needs and implement procedures and technologies to accommodate these requirements. Effectively performs with general direction
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Implement enterprise wide security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security and privacy. 25% of work time.
- Recommend information security improvements by assessing current situations, evaluating trends, and anticipating requirements. 20% of work time.
- Design and implement appropriate security controls to meet company security objectives. 10% of work time.
- Monitor information technology (IT) security by conducting periodic assessments/audits. 10% of work time.
- Monitor and review IDS, Firewall, VPN and other technology security logs for unusual or suspicious activities. Implement security remediation and mitigation tasks as required. 5% of work time.
- Perform and review vulnerability scans and security assessments. 5% of work time.
- Closely follow security trends, software, processes, laws and regulations to provide strategy and tactics aligned with industry best practices. 5% of work time.
- Develop and implement security guidance, awareness, and training. 5% of work time.
- Test and evaluate security hardware and software technologies. 5% of work time.
- Collect Information Security & Privacy data and publish periodic security metric and incident analysis reports. 5 % of work time.
- Track and report to management on outstanding information security and audit issues. 5% of work time.
Minimum Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills):
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Five plus years IS/IT experience, including three years of information security experience.
- Financial, insurance, or telecommunications industry experience preferred.
- CISSP and/or other security certifications preferred.
- Strong follow-through and ability to complete tasks on time and within budget.
- Strong focus on customer service to internal departments and external clients.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
Strong verbal and communication skills.
Afni, Inc. is a U.S.-based, global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm representing the world’s best brands in insurance, telecommunications, satellite and cable, financial services, technology, and healthcare.
From engagement centers in several U.S. and Philippines locations, Afni supports its client’s customers in a variety of channels. With a history dating to 1936, Afni is a strong partner in communities where its employees work and live.