Sr. Systems Engineer | RPG Developer
- LocationQuezon City, Metro Manila
- Job typeFull time
Under general direction, the Sr. Systems Engineer works with technical and operational staff to understand problems with software and provide resolution. The incumbent assists in programming and maintaining and implementing solutions in accordance with established standards. Engineer consults with customers to identify operational procedures and to clarify program objectives. Resolves customer complaints and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements. Employee may act as team leader on less complex projects; assists in training less-experienced software development staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design, create and implement a variety of software solutions to meet internal and external customers’ needs. This includes analysis, coding, testing and documentation for individual and team project tasks.
- Perform quality assurance on individual and team project tasks to ensure that goals are met. 15
- Coordination of projects including attending and facilitating design meetings with clients, communicating both internally and externally, completing necessary paperwork and working with support groups.
- Support of existing applications including ad hoc queries, answering end-user questions and making modifications to processes and programs.
- Communicate status for work planned and completed. Some communication may be in the form of presentations and demonstrations to the client.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Four years of college (bachelor degree) is preferred and five plus years of application development experience
- Previous experience using application development languages and tools appropriate to employee’s group classification is required
- Proficiency in the use of structured programming techniques is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational database structures and database design techniques is required
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, team-building, positive thinking, can-do attitude, and job flexibility).
Afni, Inc. is a U.S.-based, global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm representing the world’s best brands in insurance, telecommunications, satellite and cable, financial services, technology, and healthcare.
From engagement centers in several U.S. and Philippines locations, Afni supports its client’s customers in a variety of channels. With a history dating to 1936, Afni is a strong partner in communities where its employees work and live.