- LocationQuezon City, Philippines
- Job typeFull time
The Test Engineer interacts and works across other technical groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. Incumbent will identify functional problems and suggest resolutions. Will also help define internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs. Documents and analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Utilize a test automation framework to create test plans / scripts, schedules, criteria for user acceptance, to implement and execute test cases through technical support.
- Analyze continuous integration results, update scripts and report on defects to escalate issues.
- Work with other technical groups to better understand specific design requirements / expectations in order to consider that into testing strategies.
- Provide input on test metrics for quality results and status reporting and help with analysis of metrics and trends.
- Ensure testing procedures are in compliance with any required industry specific standards.
Minimum Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and three to five years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of high-level solution / product architecture and awareness of product backend systems to learn how to develop various test methods
- Possess an impeccable eye for detail and can assess a solution against design mockups and/or design system requirements.
- Experience in testing in multiple operating system platforms to determine both positive and negative test cases.
- Experience working with Agile development teams
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and handle shifting priorities.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills are required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, team-building, positive thinking, can-do attitude, and job flexibility).
Afni, Inc. is a U.S.-based, global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm representing the world’s best brands in insurance, telecommunications, satellite and cable, financial services, technology, and healthcare.
From engagement centers in several U.S. and Philippines locations, Afni supports its client’s customers in a variety of channels. With a history dating to 1936, Afni is a strong partner in communities where its employees work and live.