Testing Engineering Manager
- LocationQuezon City, Metro Manila
- Job typeFull time
The Manager, Test Engineering will interact with and coordinate work across other technical groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. Incumbent will identify functional problems and suggest resolutions. Incumbent will manage the Test Engineering team to ensure requisite skills and experience levels match the work being conducted. Will also help define internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs. Documents and analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work with IT Customers to review systems and provide feedback on test requirements.
- Provides input on test metrics for quality results and status reporting and help with analysis of metrics and trends.
- Considers testability when reviewing the designs which result in more testable features and better test coverage. Will also review testability for reduction in the number and types of tests to ensure an efficient and quick test process.
- Oversees the design of efficient and effective test scenarios and cases, based on the in-depth understanding of business domain and application functionalities and features.
- Ensure the use of a test automation framework to create continuous test plans / scripts, schedules, criteria for user acceptance, to implement and execute test cases through technical support.
- Oversees the test execution and helps with the analysis test results of highly complex programs/projects/releases.
- Analyze continuous integration results, update scripts and report on defects to escalate issues.
- Helps ensure testing procedures are in compliance with any required industry specific standards.
- Helps lead a continuous review of current testing methodologies in order to ensure Afni is keeping pace with industry standards
- Helps ensure overall efficient and effective delivery of service; recommends process improvements
Minimum Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and Seven plus years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of high-level solution / product architecture and awareness of product backend systems to learn how to develop various test methods
- Demonstrated experience with an Industry Standard Testing process. Be able to adapt the process to meet Afni’s requirements.
- Demonstrated ability communicate and coordinate with other Afni Employees of all levels; entry to Vice President
- Possess an impeccable eye for detail and can assess a solution against design mockups and/or design system requirements.
- Experience in managing the testing of multiple operating system platforms to determine both positive and negative test cases.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of Testing Engineers in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with Agile development teams
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-task and handle shifting priorities.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills are required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, team-building, positive thinking, can-do attitude, and job flexibility).
Afni, Inc. is a U.S.-based, global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm representing the world’s best brands in insurance, telecommunications, satellite and cable, financial services, technology, and healthcare.
From engagement centers in several U.S. and Philippines locations, Afni supports its client’s customers in a variety of channels. With a history dating to 1936, Afni is a strong partner in communities where its employees work and live.