- LocationQuezon City, NCR
- Job typeFull time
Afni Talent Onboarding Associate is responsible for the coordination and completion of all aspects of the onboarding experience for new hires. The Onboarding Specialist is the candidate’s "go-to" from the moment they are offered a position until their first day of work at Afni.
The Onboarding Associate is responsible for the final stage of the recruitment process including the management of the requisition process, extending offers and initiating background checks. The Onboarding Specialist helps in providing a high-quality candidate experience and ensures the new hires have a smooth and consistent transition into their roles.
An Onboarding Associate serves an important role that extends beyond guiding new hires; they will partner closely with fellow HR team members and the entire Talent Acquisition team to support our mutual goal of connecting talent with opportunities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Candidate Requisitions and Offers: 50% of work time
- Manage the job requisition process (open and close hiring requisitions) and monitor for compliance.
- Extend job offers
- Move candidates to hire requisition
- Determine training and production schedules & record on training spreadsheet
- Build offer letter
- Initiate pre-employment background checks and drug testing as appropriate
- Collect and process new-hire onboarding documentation
- Review on-line welcome site and assist in answering candidate questions
- Use the Applicant Tracking System (ADP) to appropriately and accurately track candidate progress in the applicant tracking system as they progress through the hiring process.
- Plan and execute successful recruitment events supporting targeted needs of the organization (career fairs, realistic job previews, etc.).
- Plan and execute successful community engagement events targeted at building the Afni brand and building community partnerships.
Candidate Backgrounds: 15% of work time
- Provide general support to the Background Specialists regarding background processes, including background checks and drug testing.
- Assist with audits to ensure office locations adhere to all client account requirements.
Reporting and Support: 10% of work time
- Attend staffing calls to ensure proper confirmation of training & transition schedules.
- Complete daily recruiting report for assigned hiring requisitions.
- Create and maintain detailed class lists for every new hire class.
- Initiate ID requests to ensure new hire class has systems access.
- Check UltiPro for employee number.
- Utilize SMS to nurture candidates and ensure Section 1 Required is completed prior to start.
- Partner with Training and Operations to develop creative recruitment and retention strategies for open positions and in anticipation of future workforce planning needs.
Onboarding - Day 1: 25% of work time
- Welcome new employees and engage with them through the initial day 1 onboarding (escort to training room, introduce to Afni leadership, introduce to Trainer, answer questions, etc.)
- Terminating employees that did not start
- Ensure that the new employee experience on day 1 is “best in class” by working with Training, Operations and Human Resources to develop a standard onboarding procedure that evaluates and measures the success of the new hire onboarding experience.
- Partner with Training and Operations to ensure a smooth and seamless transition for new hires from day 1 to the production floor
- Make copies of I9 documentation and check for I9 Section 1 completion
- Properly manage requisition
- Update new hire task tracker
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned.
Afni, Inc. is a U.S.-based, global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm representing the world’s best brands in insurance, telecommunications, satellite and cable, financial services, technology, and healthcare.
From engagement centers in several U.S. and Philippines locations, Afni supports its client’s customers in a variety of channels. With a history dating to 1936, Afni is a strong partner in communities where its employees work and live.