- LocationQuezon City, NCR
- Job typeFull time
The Background Specialist assists the overall staffing needs of his/her site. The incumbent reviews background reports, manages class lists, contacts candidates, and assists in other activities involved in the hiring process at Afni. As part of the HR department, the Background Specialist must maintain confidentiality around sensitive personal information and act HR hiring practices and the agreements Afni has in place with its clients.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Check background reports on all applicants daily until cleared. 55% of work time
- Maintain detailed class lists for every class. Contact applicants via phone, email or SMS at various points in the hiring process. 10% of work time
- Initiate ID requests. 10% of work time
- Initiate and track internet service provider (ISP) serviceability requests for work at home (WAH) new hires. 10% of work time
- Assist applicants through the hiring selection process. 5% of work time
- Assist HR in miscellaneous tasks related to the hiring process, including providing offsite support for the Applicant Tracking (ATS) and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) while adhering to all Afni hiring practices and guidelines. 5% of work time
- Identify and report any trends or roadblocks in the hiring process. 5% of work time
Minimum job requirements (Education, experience, skills):
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- 6 -12 months of experience within any Afni department (preferred)
- Previous experience with HRIS and corresponding applicant tracking systems (preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of current hiring laws and guidelines
- Ability to work independently and interact well within a team environment
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and shift priorities effectively
- Responds to internal and external requests and work to deliver quality service
- Communicates clearly and logically using appropriate written and oral techniques
- Seeks clarification for unclear or missing information
- Consistently demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated reasoning and problem-solving abilities
Afni, Inc. is a U.S.-based, global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm representing the world’s best brands in insurance, telecommunications, satellite and cable, financial services, technology, and healthcare.
From engagement centers in several U.S. and Philippines locations, Afni supports its client’s customers in a variety of channels. With a history dating to 1936, Afni is a strong partner in communities where its employees work and live.