HR Specialist I, HRBP
- LocationQuezon City, National Capital Region
- Job typeFull time
The HR Specialist collaborates with business partners to drive organizational results through an engaged workforce. The incumbent serves as an employee champion and change ambassador, providing guidance regarding HR policy and administration, employee relations, and change management. Among the main purpose of this job is to build relationships, provide analysis, identify trends and recommend solutions to the business partners.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Drives business results via engaged employees. Initiates survey action planning to increase engagement, productivity, and retention while improving customer service. Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships and build morale. Partners with HR peers to drive collaboration and consistency across all accounts. Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs. 30% of work time
- Monitors HRIS records including new hires, separations and status changes. Conducts new hire orientations, employee focus groups & feedback sessions and exit interviews. Maintains proactive records of interventions for projected attritions. Creates and audits employee relations policy and procedure. 30% of work time
- Establishes creditability and proactively builds the respect of management as a strategic partner. Maintains a focus on ROI, metrics and strategic planning to impact current and future business success. Influences business decisions that contribute to customer satisfaction and employee engagement through data analytics. 20% of work time
- Partners with operations to administer performance management including process/document review and data analysis to ensure consistency. Responds to employee relations issues including employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints. Attends administrative hearings conducted by the Labor Relations team and gives inputs for the equitable resolution of issues. 20% of work time
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in human resources studies preferred.
- Three to five years of human resources or other relevant experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365. HRIS and corresponding applicant tracking system experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Tailors communication to audience needs.
- Ability to self-direct and handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Keeps business partners informed of status and progress.
- Seeks collaborative solutions to address organizational needs.
- Builds cross functional relationships and demonstrates emotional intelligence.
- Can articulate through process and rationale behind decision making.
- Suggests opportunities to expand skills and abilities.
- Demonstrates advanced levels of interpersonal, consulting and coaching capabilities.
Afni, Inc. is a U.S.-based, global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm representing the world’s best brands in insurance, telecommunications, satellite and cable, financial services, technology, and healthcare.
From engagement centers in several U.S. and Philippines locations, Afni supports its client’s customers in a variety of channels. With a history dating to 1936, Afni is a strong partner in communities where its employees work and live.