- LocationQuezon City, NCR
Under general supervision, the Software Engineer develops, codes, tests, and debugs software. The Software Engineer requires a good understanding of business applications. Works with technical staff to understand and resolve problems with software. Resolves customer complaints with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design, create, and implement a variety of software solutions to meet internal and external customers’ needs. This includes analysis, requirements gathering, coding, testing, and documentation for individual and team project tasks.
- Proactively identify, communicate, and work to resolve business and technical issues. Includes support and modifications of existing applications, data analysis and process re-engineering.
- Attends and facilitating design meetings with customers, communicating both internally and externally, completing necessary paperwork, developing work plans, monitoring task status and working with support groups.
- Communicate status for work planned and completed. Some communication may be in the form of presentations and demonstrations to the customer.
- Develop and document test cases and test scripts to meet customer business requirements.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills):
- A post high school education that is equivalent to two to three years of college (Associates degree) and three to five years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Previous experience with Jboss EAP required.
- Understanding of Networking and Windows Server administration.
- Proficiency in the use of structured programming techniques is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relational database structures and database design techniques is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to multi task and handle shifting priorities.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills are required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, team-building, positive thinking, can-do attitude, and job flexibility).
Working Conditions and Environment:
Incumbent works in a temperature controlled office environment. Incumbent sits at a desk during regularly scheduled work hours; answers and makes telephone calls using a standard telephone; types on a standard keyboard; reads and comprehends information from a computer terminal and/or written resources.
Afni, Inc. is a U.S.-based, global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm representing the world’s best brands in insurance, telecommunications, satellite and cable, financial services, technology, and healthcare.
From engagement centers in several U.S. and Philippines locations, Afni supports its client’s customers in a variety of channels. With a history dating to 1936, Afni is a strong partner in communities where its employees work and live.