- LocationWFH Flexible
- Job typeFull time
- This position reports to the Senior Manager of Internal Audit.
- Conduct financial, compliance, operational audits and special reviews of various organizations, operations, functions, and processes;
- Perform value-added assessment of internal controls, systems, processes, financial reporting, and opportunities for improvement;
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs assurance and advisory engagements to ensure thorough coverage of areas reviewed, proper evaluation of internal controls, and policy compliance within budgeted and scheduled timeframes
- Supports the Senior Manager in providing leadership and communication across the department and company on a wide variety of programs, projects and initiatives
- Develops appropriate recommendations to correct control deficiencies and follow up to ensure management implements recommendations or appropriately addresses the risks identified through the performance of audits
- Presents verbal and written reports on audit results and recommends corrective actions or improvement as required
- Tracks, monitors, and validates completion of audit observations
- Leverages best practices and knowledge to provide recommendations to improve processes to both customers and internally
- Appraises adequacy of management responses and corrective actions implemented
- Develops and maintains the Internal Audit Procedures and Manual to ensure that best practice is taken account of and that the audits address specific areas of risk management.
- Responds to ad hoc requests to address control issues on new business processes, policies and procedures, and provide consultative services to management.
- Keeps abreast of current developments in accounting and auditing professions, leading practices, tools, techniques, performance standards, call center and changes in local and statutory laws, as applicable.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees within this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Employees in this job may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other related professional certification, is a plus
- At least three years of meaningful and progressive external or internal audit experience, with minimum 2 years in senior role
- Adept in technical accounting, internal audit methodology and international standards for the professional practice of internal audit;
- Solid understanding of risk and control concepts. Ability to apply these concepts to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of business processes and controls
- Knowledge of International Internal Auditing Standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Power point, Visio)
- Knowledgeable in ERP system
- Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Ability to assess business processes and implement improvements and controls
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively articulate risks, mitigation proposals and link common themes to stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to build relationships and influence others in order to achieve successful outcome in cross-functional projects and activities
- Ability to interact with senior management and communicate at all levels of the organization
- Strong understanding of risks, internal controls to mitigate risks and accounting processes
- Ability to exercise judgment in the evaluation of the reasonableness of processes and controls
Afni, Inc. is a U.S.-based, global Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) firm representing the world’s best brands in insurance, telecommunications, satellite and cable, financial services, technology, and healthcare.
From engagement centers in several U.S. and Philippines locations, Afni supports its client’s customers in a variety of channels. With a history dating to 1936, Afni is a strong partner in communities where its employees work and live.